25 March 2022
Demonstrator projects aim to demonstrate the added value of the SPHN data resources and infrastructure elements for data-driven personalized health research, clinical and public health research, and clinical use. Demonstrator projects shall use the SPHN infrastructures, processes and frameworks to demonstrate the utility and fit-for-purpose of those SPHN ecosystem elements and identify gaps.
Demonstrator projects in the following two areas are eligible for funding:
- Infrastructure components: operational application (in daily practice) or transferability (to another setting) of infrastructure components, systems or tools developed locally along the goals of SPHN or as part of SPHN-funded projects;
- Routine healthcare data: leveraging the potential and validating the use of routine healthcare data from the university hospital Clinical Data Warehouses (CDW) for translational and clinical research projects, clinical trials (proof-of-principle studies), or other real-world use cases.
Importantly, Demonstrator projects shall not build new infrastructure from scratch, but consolidate what has been started, complement missing links, and assess applicability and impact on clinical decision making and personalized health research.
Duration and Funding: SPHN will allocate up to CHF 3.7 million for Demonstrator projects. These small proof-of-concept projects are envisaged to span 12-18 months and can be funded by SPHN with CHF ~200’000 up to max. CHF 500’000. As usual, funding by SPHN requires matching contributions by the applicant institutions.
- Launch of the Call: end of May 2022
- Submission Deadline: 31 August 2022
- Selection of Demonstrator projects by the NSB: 17 November 2022
- Earliest start date of Demonstrator projects: 1 December 2022
Detailed information on the call for Demonstrator projects will be published on the SPHN website. Stay tuned!