Grant Documents and Guidelines
This pages contains documents and information for SPHN grantees from the 2017-2018 calls for proposals as well as for SPHN grantees from the Call for Demonstrator projects.
For documents and information for National Data Streams grantees, click here.
1. Getting Started
- Lifetime Management Guidelines for Driver projects and Demonstrator projects (version 14.11.2022): please read the Guidelines carefully as well as the conditions outlined in the Decision letter.
- Conditions outlined in the Decision letter: if the submission of a revised budget was requested, please resubmit Part C and the Excel sheet. If the revision of the budget impacts the content of the proposal, please resubmit Part B as well.
- Lay summary template: prior to the release of funds, a lay summary needs to be submitted in English and one of the national languages of Switzerland. The lay summary will be published on the SPHN website.
- Start date: please note that the project should start no later than 12 month after the date of the approval letter for Driver projects and no later than 01.04.2023 for Demonstrator projects. The start date should start at a beginning of a month.
- Fund Release Form: Once all requirements have been met, please fill in and return a signed Fund Release Form to the email@example.com. Alternatively, your institution can also issue an invoice.
2. Annual Reporting
The reporting requirements and responsibilites are described in the Lifetime Management Guidelines (version 14.11.2022). All SPHN funded projects must submit an activity report and a financial report on a regular basis.
2.1 Activity Report
- Intermediary Activity Report Template for Infra. Dev. Projects and Driver Projects (version: 21.01.2021)
- Final Activity Report Template for Infra. Dev. Projects and Driver Projects (version 21.02.2021)
- Final Activity Report Template for Collaboration Agreements (version: 08.03.2021)
2.2 Financial Report
A project specific financial report file is provided by the Management Office to each Main Applicant.
3. Other documents
- Templates for legal agreements (such as Data Transfer and Use Agreements).
- Material Transfer Agreement Templates are available on the SBP website.
Projects can be extended for a maximum duration of 12 months for Driver projects. Demonstrator projects can be extended until 31.03.2025.
As an update on the status of the project is requested, it is better to submit the extension at the same time as the reporting is due. If this is not possible, it should be submitted as soon as possible given that the NSB Ausschuss only meets 4 times per year.
SPHN endorsement element
A visual SPHN endorsement element can be added to each SPHN funded project logo to enhance/position the SPHN connection and visibility of your research projects. This is not mandatory but available for SPHN funded projects.