Second Joint Personalized Health Day Switzerland
The future of data-driven medicine in Switzerland
Wednesday, 24 August 2022, Casino Bern
The second Joint Personalized Health Day, co-organized by SPHN and the ETH Strategic Focus Area «Personalized Health and Related Technologies» (PHRT), brought together the research communities from basic, clinical and data science and fostered interdisciplinary exchange and collaboration across disciplines, networks, and institutions.
The morning program focused on the envisioned landscape for data-driven personalized health research in Switzerland as well as on the networks, infrastructures and services already developed for researchers. The afternoon program offered participants the opportunity for discussions and exchanges. The recently launched National Data Streams were the focus of dedicated break-out sessions and served as a basis for discussions about the future of a health data ecosystem beyond the funding periods of SPHN and PHRT (2024+).
1. Overview of SPHN & PHRT present state, Prof. Urs Frey, Chairperson of the SPHN National Steering Board & Prof. Bernd Wollscheid, Chairperson of the PHRT Executive Committee
2. The vision of SERI on personalized health research in Switzerland, Dr. Gregor Haefliger, Vice Director Research and Innovation, State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation
3. The future of personalized health: a pharma industry perspective, Dr. Gerd Maass, Roche
4. Bridging the gap between clinical research and data science, Prof. Julia Bielicki, Universitäts-Kinderspital beider Basel
5. Clinical research and data science: Bridging the gap, Prof. Julia Vogt, ETH Zurich
6. SPHN Infrastructure services, Dr. Katrin Crameri, Director of the SIB Personalized Health Informatics Group
7. PHRT Platforms: Swiss Multi-Omics Center (SMOC), Prof. Dr. Nicola Zamboni (ETHZ & PHRT)
8. Personalized, data-driven prediction and assessment of infection-related outcomes in Swiss ICUs (IICU-NDS) Main PIs: Prof. Dr. Adrian Egli (USB) & Prof. Dr. Karsten Borgwardt (ETHZ).
9. Swiss Personalized Oncology National Data Stream (SPO-NDS) Main PIs: Prof. Dr. Olivier Michielin (CHUV) & Prof. Dr. Bernd Bodenmiller (ETHZ).
10. Pediatric personalized research network Switzerland (SwissPedHealth) – a Joint Pediatric National Data Stream Main PIs: Prof. Dr. Luregn Schlapbach (University Children’s Hospital Zurich) & Prof. Dr. Julia Vogt (ETHZ).
11. LUCID, Low Value of Care in Hospitalized Patients, a National Data Stream on Quality of Care in Swiss university hospitals Main PIs: Dr. Marie Méan (CHUV) & Dr. Guillaume Obozinski (EPFL).
Abstracts & posters
The abstracts of accepted poster presentations can be found here.
The posters presented by the SIB Personalized Health Informatics Group can be downloaded here:
The posters from the Basel CTU can be found here: