Second Joint Personalized Health Day Switzerland
Date: Wednesday, 24 August 2022
Time: 8:30 - 18:00, followed by an apéro riche
Location: Casino Bern, Casinoplatz 1, 3011 Bern
The second Joint Personalized Health Day is especially dedicated to bringing together the research communities from basic, clinical and data science research. It aims to foster interdisciplinary exchange and collaboration between researchers of all career stages across disciplines, networks, and institutions. The event is co-organized by SPHN and the ETH Strategic Focus Area «Personalized Health and Related Technologies» (PHRT).
The morning program focuses on the envisioned landscape for data-driven personalized health research in Switzerland as well as on the networks, infrastructures and services already developed for researchers. The afternoon program provides ample opportunity for discussions and exchanges between the participants. The recently launched National Data Streams will be the focus of the dedicated break-out sessions in the afternoon and serve as a basis for discussions about the future of a health data ecosystem beyond the funding periods of SPHN and PHRT (2024+).
Registration and coffee (8:30-9:00)
9:00-9:10 Opening & welcome Prof. Urs Frey, Chairperson of the SPHN National Steering Board & Prof. Detlef Günther, Chairperson of the PHRT Strategic Committee
9:10-9:40 Overview of SPHN & PHRT present state followed by a discussion. Prof. Urs Frey, Chairperson of the SPHN National Steering Board & Prof. Bernd Wollscheid, Chairperson of the PHRT Executive Committee
9:40-10:05 Keynote Dr. Gregor Haefliger, Vice Director Research and Innovation, State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation
Coffee break (10:10-10:40)
10:40-11:05 Keynote talk 2 (tba)
11:10-11:40 Infrastructure services and PHRT platforms Dr. Katrin Crameri, Director of the SIB Personalized Health Informatics Group & Prof. Dr. Nicola Zamboni (ETHZ & PHRT)
11:40-12:00 Panel discussion with the morning speakers
Lunch break (12:00-13:15)
13:15-13:45 Introduction poster session (pitches)
13:45-14:40 Poster session
14:40-14:55 Poster highlights
14:55-15:35 Overview of National Data Streams (NDS)
- Personalized, data-driven prediction and assessment of infection-related outcomes in Swiss ICUs (IICU) Main PIs: Prof. Dr. Adrian Egli (USB) & Prof. Dr. Karsten Borgwardt (ETHZ)
- Swiss Personalized Oncology National Data Stream (SPO-NDS) Main PIs: Prof. Dr. Olivier Michielin (CHUV) & Prof. Dr. Bernd Bodenmiller (ETHZ)
- Pediatric personalized research network Switzerland (SwissPedHealth) – a Joint Pediatric National Data Stream Main PIs: Prof. Dr. Luregn Schlapbach (University Children’s Hospital Zurich) & Prof. Dr. Julia Vogt (ETHZ)
- LUCID, Low Value of Care in Hospitalized Patients, a National Data Stream on Quality of Care in Swiss university hospitals Main PIs: Dr. Marie Méan (CHUV) & Dr. Guillaume Obozinski (EPFL)
Coffee break (15:35-16:00)
16:00-16:45 Breakout sessions: four parallel sessions on the four NDS
16:45-17:15 Reports from the breakout sessions and take-home messages
17:15-17:45 Roundtable: gaps, bottlenecks, and challenges for the future of personalized health in Switzerland
17:45-18:00 Concluding remarks and outlook 2024+
Apéro riche (18:00-19:00)
For questions, please contact the SPHN Management Office.
The event is fully booked!
Registration has closed.
We look forward to welcoming you in the beautiful Casino Bern!
Call for Abstracts
Submission deadline for poster abstracts is extended to 31 July 2022.
Please submit your abstract here.
Participants can submit an abstract for a poster presentation and present their work and achievements in the field of personalized health research during the conference. Early-career scientists (PhD candidates and postdocs) are particularly encouraged to seize the opportunity.
- 31 July: Extended abstract submission deadline
- 8 August 2022: Acceptance notification
- The abstract should consist of max. 250 words. Accepted abstracts will be published in an online conference booklet (published on a dedicated webpage).
- In addition to the abstract, a poster title, author list, and max. 5 keywords (e.g., data sharing, clinical data integration, technology development, image analysis, ELSI, oncology) should be provided.
Review process: The organizing committee will check whether the topic of each abstract matches the scope of the event. The decision if your abstract has been accepted will be communicated by 8 August 2022.
At least one author is expected to present the poster at the day of the event.
SPHN and PHRT will award a Best Poster Prize for outstanding poster presentations. Poster winners will be recognized during the event.
Please submit your abstract here